Other Windsor Schools
British School
Charriott’s Passage, Victoria Street
Joseph Chariott’s played an important part in the development of educational facilities in Windsor, the school which he helped to found was known as The New British School and was located behind the Royal Free School on Bachelors’ Acre.
The British and Foreign Schools Society’s School in Chariot’s Place (subsequently the Education Office) was built in 1841
Pigot & Co Directory 1844 John Josiah Ewing, master Isabel Ewing, mistress
Slater’s Directory 1852, Joseph Lundy master, Margaret Scott mistress
Post Office Directory 1854, Joseph Lundy, master, Miss Mary Ann Akam, mistress
Joseph Lundy was its first Headmaster, but by 1861 he went on to open a private school in Brunswick House, Kings Road.
Harrod & Co Directory 1876 Mr Day, master, Miss Ellen Gibbs, mistress, Miss S Gibbs, infant mistress
1871 pupil numbers from the first Government Inspection indicate: Boys 215 Girls 172 Infant 103.
1909 pupil numbers Boys 147, Girls 112, Infants 142
1915 boys 147, girls 112, Infants 126 C Pasco master, Miss E L Clark mistress, Miss C Martin infants mistress