Other Windsor Schools
Clewer Green
The school was established in 1806 by Mary, Countess of Harcourt of St Leonard’s Estate, at her own expense and with voluntary contributions. Located in two converted cottages at Clewer Green the school was known as the Harcourt Schools. They were charity schools, set up to teach the children of the poor who lived in the parish.
In 1815 Mary Harcourt, with others drew up a deed ensuring the school’s continuance and guaranteeing an income.
Upon her death, the deeds were donated to the Diocese of Oxford, although the decedents of the Countess still maintain links with the school through the Harcourt Trust.
The original building has been modified and extended over the years .